Get Parenting Off to a Great Start
Find yourself a bit too busy for a traditional childbirth education series? Group classes not your ‘thing’? I offer four different private childbirth class options to suit your needs. Whether you just need a skills refresher, some birth plan help, comprehensive labor & birth education, or some postpartum planning, I can suit your needs!
- Skills heavy!
- Two hours of hands on skills instruction
- Comfort measures for early labor, active labor, transition, and pushing
- How to avoid and manage back labor
Birth Plan Help
- Four hour class
- Overview of the stages and phases of labor
- Common interventions and reasons
- Hands-on skills practice
- Ways to prevent & manage back labor
- Birth Plan exercise to help you prioritize those things which are most important to you in labor.
Labor with Confidence
- Six hours of class, split over three days
- Practice effective relaxation
- Learn about the six ways to progress and the stages and phases of labor
- Techniques for preventing and managing back labor
- Hands-on coping and comfort measures for managing labor
- Common interventions & medical pain relief options
- Postpartum, breastfeeding and newborn care
Bringing Baby Home
- Plan for an optimal homecoming!
- Two hours of newborn & postpartum strategies
- Discuss newborn cues & sleep habits
- Overview of baby feeding needs
- Develop a postpartum plan for managing life with a newborn
Don't Be Shy
None of these classes quite right for you? I’m happy to customize a class that suits your particular needs. If you are planning a cesarean, or have other unique circumstances, drop me a line & we’ll create a class that is just right for you.